Progress – April 16, 2018

I have been designing covers like a mad woman this week.

It all started out when I decided to do a “quick” mock-up of the cover for The Missing Thread (the 5th book in the Sacred Knight series). Yeah, it was neither quick nor what I should have been doing. Writing the book would have been a much better idea! (Ya think!)

That cover is still a work in process — I’m still tinkering. But, other than me chiding myself about not writing, I also got irritated with myself for not working on the cover for Mystery of the Stardust Monk. Yes, it’s part of the Stardust series. It’s actually a prequel (shock! Not!) and is a tie-in for Dragons of Wellsdeep. I had started a mock-up for this cover, but hadn’t finished. Well, now it’s finished.

In looking at images for The Missing Thread, I came across an image which was perfect for a story about an ice nymph I wrote many years ago. I came across it last summer and scanned it into my computer. I had been working on editing it up for publication before my father passed away. It’s been on the back burner since then. But it has a cover now! I couldn’t believe that I had to do the cover. Seriously? But it does make me excited to get back to the story.

So that’s three covers this week — two being final-ish. You know, they aren’t really done until they are released, and even then, I make corrections and adjustments all the time.

I have a few more things to put in order before I show the covers, but I do hope to give you a look this week.

So, aside from designing covers, I put Loki onto my plate for editing. I’m about a third of the way through it so far.  I’ve also been going forward with Onesong. A few stretches of it needed reworking or rewrites all together. The scene I’m working on now is probably the most difficult I’ve done. I’m hoping that by writing in the dark I can discover a way out of the corner I’m trying to put myself in. We shall see.

I have a lot on my plate and even more that I want to get done.

Let’s see what I got done this week.

Fiction words written last week: 3,383 words

Blogs/Newsletter articles/non-fiction written:  2.377 words

Score a big #1 for my weekly word count streak since I’m starting over from my failure of last week.

Writing month to date total:  7.490 words

Writing year to date total: 103,267 words

Drawing/painting last week: I didn’t get any drawing done last week.

Audio: I spent almost 3 and a half hours editing audio and recording corrections.

Advertisements

One Response to Progress – April 16, 2018

  1. […] I said on Monday, I worked very hard on covers last […]

%d bloggers like this: